So 2 days ago I read about some mini commotion going at NTU Confessions between this guy and girl who used to be together. (The guy’s in NTU)
It started with the guy posting this confession below:
Followed by another confession saying that his girlfriend has broken up with him after reading his first post. (Read HERE if you’re interested)
And one day later, the girl herself sent in a comment as well to address the issue:
Followed by a second post by the girl after reading all the negative comments on her post:
After reading what she said, it made me so mad and I felt that she was being so unreasonable and unfair to the guy. Addressing her points in the above comments:
1. What’s wrong with dining at hawker centre seriously? She later mentioned in her second post that “what she meant was during their anniversary when he was in the army, he treated her to just hawker fare instead of giving her a surprise.” But still… the way she phrased it initially is that she mind that her bf brings her to hawker centre to eat on days other than anniversaries.
2. Is she looking for a boyfriend or a chauffeur? And expecting a guy to go home with you after 10pm might sound okay cos it’s late BUT have you spared a thought for your poor boyfriend who might be tired too? (If your boyf stays near you then I guess it’s fine, but what if it’s so out of the way?) Being caring or not is not a matter of sending you home or not. A caring boyfriend can be someone who doesn’t send you home everyday (because SG is definitely safe enough to roam outside before 12am) but would definitely send you home when you’re sick.
3. She mentioned that IPPT and ICT is a “CCA” for guys to relax inside. And “they can take breaks from the company to go and relax in NS. So good still want complain. What a joke?!” I mean, if it’s so good you go join laa! Seems like there are still some girls out there who think that NS is a breeze, just somewhere to relax and think that it’s perfectly fair for them to go through it because we women do our part in populating the country. Maybe we should start being more appreciative to what the guys are doing instead of having this mentality that it’s “their duty to serve the country”. We just can’t and will never understand how much they have to go through in there. So think before you pass this kind of insensitive remarks and a big thank you to all guys out there who went through/will be going through NS.
And speaking of NS, she also mentioned in her second post that “there was once during Valentine’s Day, he told me he got guard duty and couldn’t book out. What kind of excuse is that?!” Which part of “he got guard duty” do you not understand? Guard duty is something every guy has to go through and in what way is that an excuse I really don’t get it. NS is not a place where you can just get out of camp anytime you want. I’m understand how it’s like because I’ve been through the same phase where my boyf couldn’t spend our first Vday with me cos he’s out in field camp, couldn’t spend 2 of my birthdays with me cos he was in camp. But seriously, do these days even matter?
4. She said that she’s sure “many NTU girls will want a rich boyfriend to support them when they get married”. Sorry but I’m not one of the “many NTU girls” that you’re talking about. We are degree holders and I’m not going make 16 years of my education go to waste. And furthermore, we are more capable than sitting around and waiting for someone to support us. Actually there’s nothing wrong in wanting to find a rich husband if that’s what you want, but she shouldn’t have made it seem like all girls are like that? Finding a rich husband is a bonus, not a criteria and definitely not something “expected in this society” to have someone rich to support you. Btw, I’m not saying that all the homemakers out there are not capable or what. Sure, you can stay at home and stop working for awhile after having kids to look after them.
She also mentioned that if guys “cannot even afford to spend $60,000 for wedding and $200,000 for HDB, you are better off forever alone. Don’t spoil the lives of local woman.” Wow, such a powerful statement. It sounded as if women are born to be pampered and guys should provide everything possible for us to live that kind of lifestyle….. Like what?!! Is she for real or she watched too much dramas to have this kind of mindset?
5. She said “FYI, he was my first love and he took my VIRGINITY which I wanted to save for MARRIAGE. Yet, I gave it to him because I truly love him. Is it wrong to expect more from him since I love him so much?!” I’m really confused. If you truly love him, shouldn’t you not expect anything much? Because I remember the saying goes something like “true love never expects anything in return”, so why am I hearing the opposite now? And pleaseeee what kind of reason is that for substantiating your love for him? Just cos you gave him your virginity? So according to your logic, that meant that I don’t truly love my boyf? (: Or maybe it’s because you can’t control yourself that’s why you didn’t stick to your principles of saving it for marriage and giving it so easily to your FIRST LOVE. Not saying that it’s wrong giving up your virginity okay, it’s really up to you, I just found it really ridiculous that you’re using such an example to substantiate your love.
6. Lastly, this comment from her “I have read through the comments and feel disgusted that some of the females who commented are just hypocrites. Instead of standing together and agreeing with my opinions that yes, we do want boyfriends who can support us, you just ask me to go and work.” – Sorry darling, we’re not being hypocrites and we honestly do not agree with your views and neither do we expect all these from our boyfriends. Don’t generalise us with you. (:
Okay end of my long wordy post. This girl is definitely expecting too much from her boyfriend and seems to have a very warped perception about relationships and love. But okay maybe her boyfriend was really uncaring, unappreciative of her and that was the last straw (but if he really doesn’t care he wouldn’t have sent in the post asking for advice in the first place), but still to bring up such materialistic points really show what kind of person she is. I wouldn’t say that her mindset is immature, probably just very delusional to the point that it’s ridiculous.